In July 2021, the retail prices for furniture in Russia increased by 11.76% compared to the same month of the previous year (considering specialized furniture retail only).
Since the beginning of 2021, prices increased by 9.13% year-over-year. Retail prices for furniture are growing less than prices of manufacturers, which indicates a more serious shortage in margin on the side of retailers.
For this reporting period, several furniture categories have risen in price more than average:
- furniture for dining and living rooms (+9.21%),
- kitchen furniture (+9.26%),
- sets of cabinet furniture (+10.55%),
- kitchen worktops (+9.74%),
- wardrobes (+11.81%),
- hinged kitchen cabinets (+10.49%),
- hallway cabinets (+10.91%),
- various cabinets and cupboards (+11.52%),
- other furniture, not elsewhere classified (+10.72%).
We are tracking this indicator more closely, particularly the performance of various Russian regions, for various furniture categories, within our extended Market Reports.