Rising costs of raw materials and components all over the world contribute to the rise in prices for Russian-made furniture, too. In August 2021, the prices of furniture manufacturers in Russia increased by 15.9% to the corresponding month of the previous year.
Since the beginning of 2021, prices increased by 11.91% year-over-year. For this reporting period, several furniture categories have risen in price more than average:
- wooden beds for children (+39.57%),
- wooden furniture sets for dining and living rooms (+22.66%),
- mattresses (+17.43%),
- furniture for offices and shops (+16.16%),
- kitchen cabinets (+14.2%),
- wooden furniture, not elsewhere classified (+13.77%),
- wooden cabinets for bedrooms (+13.36%),
- wooden dining tables for dining and living rooms (+13.21%),
- wooden furniture for dining and living rooms, not elsewhere classified (+12.7%),
- wooden beds for adults (+12.48%).
We are tracking this indicator more closely, including prices for domestic market and export separately, for various furniture categories, within our extended Market Reports.